Anna Baird Choi - Partner
Anna Baird Choi is a native of Raleigh and a partner with Allen, Pinnix & Nichols, P.A. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with degrees in Economics and Political Science in 1990 and earned her law degree from Campbell University in 1994. Since graduation, she has focused her practice in administrative law and regulatory law. She previously served as the first law clerk at the N.C. Office of Administrative Hearings (1994-1997) and as Assistant Attorney General in the N.C. Department of Justice (1997-2000). Since 2000, she has been in private practice, and since 2002, she has served as counsel to the N.C. Licensing Board for General Contractors. She advises the General Contractor’s Board and eight other occupational licensing boards represented by the Firm on all matters including licensing, minimum qualifications, rulemaking, disciplinary actions, and personnel issues. Additionally, she represents individuals and businesses before other N.C. licensing boards and agencies; representative professions and businesses include: real estate brokers, plumbers, psychologists, licensed professional counselors, pharmacists, retail pharmacies, and licensed child care facilities. Anna currently serves as the Vice-Chairman for the Administrative Law Section of the N.C. Bar Association and is listed with Best Lawyers® as one of only 13 North Carolina lawyers in the Administrative Law practice area. Additionally, she holds an AV® Preeminent™ rating with Martindale-Hubbell®, a testament to the fact that her peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
Administrative Law, Regulatory Law, Employment Law, and Public Policy
Professional and Occupational Licensing, Employment Law, Regulatory Compliance
Campbell University School of Law, JD, 1994
University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, BA, 1990
North Carolina, 1994
Eastern District, U.S. District Court
- Counsel for the N.C. Licensing Board for General Contractors, N.C. Board of Nursing, N.C. Social Work Certification and Licensure Board, N.C. Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators, and N.C. Board of Funeral Services.
- Represents clients before numerous occupational/professional licensing boards including N.C. Real Estate Commission, N.C. Board of Pharmacy, N.C. Medical Board, and N.C. Board of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors.
- Represents child care centers before the N.C. Division of Child Development.
- Serves as independent hearing officer in personnel grievances filed by State employees.
- N.C. Bar Association, Administrative Law Section Council (Treasurer).
- Marbles Kids Museum, Board of Directors (2007-current).
- Junior League of Raleigh (1996 to current). Past leadership positions include:
- Vice President of Training
- Annual Fund Chair
- Government Relations and Public Affairs Chair
- Training Chair
- Membership Development Chair
- N.C. Society Daughters of the American Revolution, State Parliamentarian (2009-2012).
- Wake County Courthouse KidsCenter, Board of Directors and Board Secretary (2000-2004).
- Wake County Commission for Women (2002-2003).
- Capital City Clauses, Board of Directors and Board Treasurer (1999-2001).